1. What is BolfyNg?
BolfyNg is the ultimate source for tender opportunities for public and private organizations in Nigeria. It is also a system that helps purchasers to manage their bid management process.
What does ‘BolfyNg’ stand for?
Pronounced /bōlfē/, it is the acronym for ‘Bids On Line For You’.
How does it work?
Purchasing organizations use our solutions to manage their bid process, including posting bid notices, distributing bid documents and amendments, managing vendor lists, and much more. In addition to bids posted directly by public entities, BolfyNg also does extensive research on tenders across Nigeria to bring you the most complete and comprehensive coverage. Suppliers utilize our service to learn about business opportunities with the government.
- Bids get posted daily by both our clients and our internal research team. Purchasing organizations also make their bid documents available for download.
- Suppliers that have opted for e-mail alerts will receive daily e-mails with a list of bid opportunities that match their business profiles. Suppliers can also search the database for current and historical tenders by logging into BolfyNg.com
- Download bid documents on tenders posted by purchasing organizations.
- Suppliers will get alerted when an amendment or addendum is posted by a purchasing organizations
- Suppliers can ask questions to purchasing organizations via the Q&A Board
- Suppliers can also increase their visibility and opportunities by becoming part of an entity’s vendor list by filling out online vendor registration forms.
The main engine that drives BolfyNg was created in Canada in 1993. It was first developed as a bid publishing and distribution service for Canadian purchasers to meet the requirements of a fair, open and transparent purchasing process based on the guidelines of the Canadian Agreement on Internal Trade (AIT). Since then, it has expanded to accept online bid submissions and to perform online evaluations.
Today, the BolfyNg engine is being used in Canada, the United States, and now Nigeria by more than 1,000 public organizations at all levels of government, as well as a network of more than 100,000 private vendors.
BolfyNg’s mission is to continue offering the best tools for buyers and suppliers through its online portal.
2. How does BolfyNg differ from other services?
BolfyNg is unlike any other bid publishing or bid distribution service. BolfyNg is more than a bulletin board for bids. It is an online portal for buyers and suppliers. We go the extra mile by providing purchasing managers with sourcing, management and communication tools. Purchasing managers are using BolfyNG.com to post bids, source and manage vendors and more! BolfyNg is an ideal venue for suppliers to interact with buyers on a level playing field.
3. How do government buyers and purchasing organizations buy?
Purchasing organizations must undergo a bidding process for any procurement needs. They are also required to distribute the bid notice to any potential suppliers as mandated by purchasing bylaws.
4. Does BolfyNg meet AIT requirements?
Yes. BolfyNg’s online portal provides the necessary tools for purchasing organizations purchasing managers to meet the guidelines of a fair, open and transparent purchasing process.
5. How do public purchasers differ from private purchasers?
Purchasers need to meet the requirements of a fair, open and transparent purchasing process. With elevated corporate governance issues, the private sector is also being scrutinized under the same purchasing process as the public sector. BolfyNg ensures the purchasing and accountability needs of both sectors are met.
6. How will BolfyNG.com help me find new sales opportunities?
There are several ways that you can locate new sales opportunities through BolfyNG.com. Once your company profile is setup on the system, you will receive a daily email in the morning listing all open contracts on BolfyNG.com that match your profile. This makes your tender search a lot easier as you don't have to log on every day and search manually; the bids are automatically sent to you!
Your second option is to go directly to www.BolfyNG.com and search for sales opportunities. You can search by keyword, category, MyProfile, hot bids and advanced search functions.
A third way to promote your company is to get listed in the Directory Service. This is a sourcing tool used by suppliers to locate goods and services. You can also upload your product information, images, catalogs and more!
And last, but not least, suppliers can register on the bidder’s list of public and private sector organizations. When you register on the list, the organization is notified that you want to receive bid invitations from them.The next time the organization has a bid opportunity, your company may be invited. For more information on Vendor Registration, click here.
7. How does BolfyNg obtain bid opportunities?
There are 4 basic methods:
- Purchasing organizations across Nigeria post business opportunities
directly on BolfyNG.com.
Purchasing organizations have chosen BolfyNG.com to manage and improve their purchasing department's processes and procedures. Publishing bid notice and documents on BolfyNG.com saves them time and money because they don’t have to advertise their bid opportunities or pay hosting fees. They also don’t have to worry about any document taker’s missing amendments, because BolfyNg issues immediate email notification to all document takers.
- Our research department searches government and private organizations' websites, newspapers
and other publications for available bid opportunities.
Our research department conducts daily searches through hundreds of public, municipal, academic, university, college, library, school board, healthcare and other websites for you. When business opportunities are located, we categorize and post them on BolfyNG.com. Our subscribers receive a Bid Alert the following morning, so they don’t have to search for the bids themselves.
- Business-to-business bid opportunities are posted directly on
Private sector buyers may post single or group bids.
- Suppliers post surplus bid opportunities directly on BolfyNG.com.
When suppliers have items they need to sell immediately, they can post them on BolfyNG.com. This allows other businesses to take advantage of the savings.
8. Is BolfyNg a solution only for large businesses?
No. Small, medium and large businesses can subscribe as buyers to sell goods and services, and bid on opportunities. Because BolfyNg publishes bid opportunities from the provincial and municipal sectors, smaller companies have a greater opportunity to compete on all level of business. Suppliers can also register as buyers for business-to-business buying. With BolfyNg’s private sector and group buying services, there are options for businesses of all sizes to participate. Group buy bids are a great solution for small businesses, as they can pool their buying power to negotiate better pricing. For more information or tips on how your business can succeed with government or the private sector, call us at +234-1-7735423.
9. Who does business with the public and private sectors and is it for me?
Thousands of companies across Nigeria are doing businesses with one or both sectors. BolfyNG.com offers you the best of both worlds! All subscription pricing includes access to public and private sector bid opportunities, vendor registration and listing in the supplier directory.
10. Why do I receive a daily email from BolfyNg?
Daily bid notification updates are a free service to all registered users of BolfyNg (30 day trial users and subscribers). This notification is sent daily and contains information of the bid opportunities that have been posted since the last email was sent out.
11. Why do suppliers choose BolfyNg?
Thousands of suppliers reply on BolfyNG.com’s online bid portal to help them locate and bid on business in the governmental sectors and private purchasing sectors. This includes Municipal, Academic, School Board and Healthcare opportunities, plus many more!
Suppliers also choose BolfyNg because they can access more than just bid opportunities. Our subscribers have access to buyers! BolfyNg offers a wide variety of tools for suppliers to interact with buyers in a fair, open and transparent portal. Subscribers can place their company name directly in front of purchasing organizations via the Vendor Registration process, by getting an invitation from a buyer to respond to a bid opportunity, or by posing a question to a buyer through BolfyNg's unique message board.
1. What services are offered?
BolfyNG.com services break down into two user types: suppliers and buyers.
Suppliers who register as BolfyNG.com subscribers will benefit from access to public and private sector opportunities.
- Access to thousands of business opportunities from public and private sector organizations.
- Efficient Daily email notification. You will receive daily email notifications from BolfyNG.com matching your customized profile, including business category(s), provincial target markets, and telephone area code settings.
- Create bids to promote and sell your surplus items.
- Free access to all posted documents on BolfyNG.com.
- Free Amendments notification, and much more.
Click here for detailed information about our offerings.
Any public or private sector organization can register as a BolfyNG.com buyer, and benefit from:
- Posting bids online
- Hosting or joining a Group Bid
- Making bid documents available for download
- Inviting suppliers to view bid opportunities
- Issuing amendments
- Collecting a fee for special documents
- Sourcing suppliers
- Managing suppliers online
- Publishing bid results
- Issuing contracts
2. When I register as a browser or subscriber, how will I be notified of bid opportunities?
Suppliers registered for the 30 day trial will receive a daily bid notice with opportunities that match the business profile selected during your registration. To view the bid scope you will be required to purchase the bid documents or you can purchase a subscription to access the bid documents at no extra cost.
Subscribers receive a daily bid alert and bid notice and occasionally, a hot bid. To view the complete bid scope, subscribers can simply click the link. When bid documents are posted online, subscribers can download them from BolfyNG.com. If amendments are issued, all document takers are notified via email. BolfyNg also offers a bid matching and vendor registration service to subscribers to further increase their chances of landing a relevant contract.
3. How do I use the daily bid notification updates?
Each bid notice in the email contains a direct link into the BolfyNg system, to the specific bid. Click on the link and the BolfyNg login page will be displayed. Enter your user ID and password, click submit, and the requested bid scope will appear.
4. Can I customize the email notification so that I only receive bids that are of interest to me?
You can use MyProfile to add or change business categories and location criteria.
5. How do I view the list of document takers and the bid results?
If the list of document takers is available online, the "Document Takers" link will be activated. Click the link and you will be able to view the list of companies that have taken copies of the bid documents. Follow the same procedure for the bid results.
BolfyNG.com is managed & operated by Bids Online For You Ltd.
BolfyNg is a member of the Bolfy.com network. Click here to inquire about how you can represent Bolfy in your country or local area.
ABOUT SSL CERTIFICATES